The City of Nyssa City Codes are the basis of government of and for the City of Nyssa, Oregon. The original set of codes for the City of Nyssa was created in 1903, at the creation of the city. The codes have been amended many times during the past 100 plus years to meet the changing needs of the city and its citizens.
These amendments, however, occasionally create problems when attempting to read and understand the codes. To assist the reader of the City Codes as presented on this internet site, the Website Team presents the following guides:
1. The set of Codes is divided into 12 chapters plus an index and appendix. Each chapter contains a Table of Contents.
2. Generally, codes dealing with a topic are found within the chapter showing that topic title, organized under the code numeric system. Revisions and amendments to the codes may appear in Ordinances or Resolutions inserted within the structure of the chapter.
3. The index contains the numeric organization of the entire set of codes, which may be used to identify the specific document link below which would display the desired topic.
4. Revisions/amendments do NOT appear in the Table of Contents for the chapter. [Readers should carefully review the documents showing any Ordinance or Resolution which appears within a chapter to be aware of changes which may have been made to the original document.]
5. The codes have been prepared for display on this site through a complex process, which has resulted in a type of digital file called a PDF file. Instructions for opening this type of file may be found by clicking on the lin below: PDF Reader Instructions .
Links to the code PDF documents are found on child pages of this page. To access those pages, move the mouse pointer over the City Codes Menu choice at the left, and then move right to the chosen chapter page, then click. [Slow, careful mouse movement will help select the proper page.]